It’s Thanksgiving Weekend! Time to laugh your butt off and get stuffed!
Here is a list of some activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning October 10, 2019:
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they play various home games this weekend at the Canadian Tire Centre – this Thursday, October 10 against the St. Louis Blues; Saturday, October 12 against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Monday, October 14 against the Minnesota Wild!
- Swing by the Ottawa Art Gallery to check out their new exhibition Inaabiwin or for an In Studio workshop, Free Childcare Fridays, or a Creative Sunday activity! FREE!
- Spooky fun is just around the corner at Saunders Farm! Whether it’s FrightFest (nighttime) or Haunting Season (daytime), there’s something for all ages to enjoy now until Halloween on Fridays through Sundays and the week leading up to Halloween.
- See the fall colours around the city with Fall Rhapsody in the Garden this weekend, including activities like Forest Bathing on Saturday, October 12. Celebrate harvest and Thanksgiving with Thanksgiving on the Farm at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum! From Saturday, October 12 to Monday, October 14 check out a farm machinery display, bailing demonstration, create reusable beeswax food wraps, and more.
- Visit Parc Omega to enjoy fun Thanksgiving programming this weekend!
- Get inspired this Friday, October 11 at the Canadian Tire Centre with A Conversation with Michelle Obama!
- Head to Lansdowne this weekend for lots of fun activities and sporting events! Catch the Ottawa 67’s on Friday, October 11 and Monday, October 14; watch the Ottawa Fury FC on Saturday, October 12; shop for local handmade goods on Saturday, October 12 at 613Flea; and stock up on seasonal produce at the Ottawa Farmers’ Market on Sunday, October 13. Some events are FREE!
- Check out these other outdoor family fall activities in the Ottawa region on the Ottawa Tourism website.
- Head to Flora Hall to celebrate the brewery’s second anniversary with live music, great beer, and more at Flora Fest 2 on Saturday, October 12. FREE!